Presenting the 2022-23 Union Budget in Parliament today, Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced that skills programs and partnership with industry will be refocused to promote continuous skills channels, sustainability and employability. The National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) will be aligned with the dynamic needs of the industry.
1. Digital Ecosystem for Skilling and Livelihood – the DESH-Stack e-portal – is launched. The portal aims to enable citizens to acquire, up-skill or up-skill through online training. It aims to provide API-based trusted skill credentials, payment and discovery layers to find relevant jobs and entrepreneurial opportunities.
2. Startups are promoted to facilitate ‘Drone Shakti’ through varied applications and for Drone-As-A-Service (DrAAS). Required proficiency courses will be initiated in selected ITIs, in all states.
3. A digital university will be established to provide students across the country with access to quality education with a personalized learning experience. It will be made available in various Indian languages and ICT formats. The university will be built on a networked hub-spoke model, where the hub will build advanced ICT expertise. Public universities and institutions in the country will work together as a network of hub spokes.
4. PM eVIDYA’s ‘One class-one TV channel’ program will be expanded from 12 to 200 TV channels, with the aim of enabling all states to provide additional education in regional languages for grades 1-12. In 2022-23, more than 750 virtual labs in science and mathematics and 75 skilling e-labs for a simulated learning environment will be set up.
5. To develop India-specific knowledge in urban planning and design, and to provide certified training in these fields, up to five existing academic institutions in different regions will be designated as centers of excellence. Endowment funds of 250 crore each will be provided to these centers. In addition, AICTE will take the lead in improving syllabi, quality and access to urban planning courses in other institutions.