National Testing Agency has added a new feature tie-breaking policy in NEET 2022 and JEE 2022. It is listed in ascending order of application number. It can be understood in this way. If two candidates achieve the same grades and percentile on the exam and their tie is not resolved by any other means, the candidate who previously applied for the exam will be given priority on the merit list.
Methods of JEE Main 2022 tie-breaking policy
1. NTA Score in Mathematics
2. NTA Score in Physics
3. NTA Score in Chemistry
4. Preference is given to the wrong answer and the lower ratio of the correct answer.
5. In mathematics, preference is given to the wrong answer and the smaller part of the correct answer.
6. Preference is given to the wrong answer in Physics and the smaller part for the correct answer.
7. Older age is preferred
8. Application number in ascending order
NEET 2022 Tie Breaking Methods
1. The candidate who scored more points or percentile in Bio (Botany & Zoology) will be given priority on the merit list.
2, the candidate with higher marks or percentile in chemistry will be given priority in the merit list.
The candidate who obtained more points or percentile in Bio-Physics will be given preference on the merit list.
In all subjects, preference is given to wrong answers of which the ratio is less for correct answers.
Preference will be given to the wrong answer in the bio and whose ratio is less for the correct answer.
In chemistry, preference is given to an incorrect answer and a smaller proportion of the correct answer.
Preference will be given to a wrong answer in physics and a smaller ratio for the correct answer.
In ascending order on request
Let us tell you that Shoaib Aftab of Odisha and Akanksha Singh of UP got 720 out of 720 marks in NEET exam 2020 but due to their age one of them got All India Rank one.