The NISER will conduct the NEST 2022 exam on June 18, 2022. The exam will be administered as a computer-based test. The times for the exam are 9.00-12.30 and 14.30-18.00. There are four sections in the exam and 50 MCQs are required in each section. The questions are asked from biology, chemistry, mathematics and physics.
Candidates who intend to take the exam can fill the NEST 2022 application form from February 21 to May 18, 2022. The form will also be released online and the candidates can submit it by paying Rs. 1200. The application fee for SC/ST/Divyangjan is Rs 600. The preparation strategy for NEST 2022 is as follows:
1. Adhere to the NEST 2022 Syllabus: The complete syllabus for NEST 2022 has been published on the official website. Candidates are advised to adhere to the topics mentioned in the syllabus. So you can focus on the important topics first.
2. Last year’s questions are extremely important: Solving questions from the past 10-15 years will be very helpful. It will help you understand the pattern of the paper and which questions are repeated most often. It also limits the weight of each subject.
3. Practice Test Tests and Sample Papers: The mock tests and sample pacers are a great way to practice for any exam. It enlightens you with the exam pattern, important topics covered over the years and helps you solve new questions every day. This will help you analyze your practice and score well in NEST 2022.
4. Time Management: This is a big factor. Candidates need to practice more mock tests and papers to ensure that they complete their papers on time on the day of the exam. Sometimes the paper can be calculating. Which means it may take more time to resolve. This won’t be a problem if you’ve practiced solving papers well.
5. Make a Study Plan: As you prepare for NEST 2022, set a schedule with effective study hours and frequent breaks. Review the exam pattern and choose the appropriate study material while effectively preparing a stable study plan.
NES 2022 Exam Pattern
NEST 2022 will run in online mode as a center-based test. The questionnaire will consist of 4 sections, mainly Biology, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Each section will carry 50 brands. The total duration of the exam will be 3 hours and 30 minutes. The merit list is based on the 3 best scores from all four sections. Hence, the candidates are advised to try all the sections. The part in which the candidate has obtained the fewest points is omitted. Candidates can check the complete exam pattern on the NEST 2022 official website.
NEST 2022 Syllabus and Recommended Books
Candidates preparing for NEST 2022 must begin with subjects from Science Classes 10 and 12 NCERT. The NEST 2022 syllabus mainly follows the CBSE syllabus and the topics mentioned in the NCERT books. The question paper is designed to test the students based on their general scientific knowledge and specialized knowledge of the subject. The students can download the complete syllabus from the official website. To cover all subjects for NEST 2022, candidates are advised to prepare using the NCERT books for Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics, Classes 10 and 12.
Books to prepare from other than NCERT
Biology – Objective Biology by Dinesh, Biology Textbook NCERT
Chemistry – Objective Chemistry by RPH Editorial, Textbook of Chemistry Class 11 and 12 by NCERT
Mathematics – Objective Mathematics by RD Sharma, Plane Trigonometry by SL Loney
Physics – Objective Physics by DC Pandey, Concepts of Physics by HC Verma
The National Entrance Screening Test is a national-level exam for candidates seeking admission into the five-year integrated MSc program of the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and the Department of Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences , the University of Mumbai (UM-DAE CEBS). The candidates must prepare well to pass the exam.