Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell started the registration process for the upcoming MH CET Law 2022 exam on March 19, 2022. The test is scheduled for May 17 and 18, giving candidates exactly two months to prepare. This is a competitive state-level entrance examination to grant admission to public law colleges for the five-year integrated undergraduate law course. So clearly there is a lot at stake and there is no time to lose.
The application form for MH CET 2022 has been published online on the official website cetcell.mahacet.org† Interested and eligible candidates should complete and submit the online form by April 7, 2022.
Candidates who successfully register for the entrance examination will be given the MH CET Law 2022 admission ticket on April 30, 2022. At this point, it is important for aspirants to focus on three aspects: syllabus, paper pattern, and preparation tips.
Syllabus MH CET Act 2022
The MH CET Law syllabus consists of five major sections. They are as follows –
- Legal suitability and legal reasoning
- General knowledge of current affairs
- Logical and analytical reasoning
- Mathematical aptitude
The above subjects broadly cover the syllabus required by aspirants to prepare for the entrance exam. A detailed syllabus is specified in the prospectus uploaded by the test cell.
MH CET Act 2022 Exam Pattern
In addition to the syllabus, aspirants should also familiarize themselves with the exam pattern for the MH CET 2022 exam. The table below summarizes the paper pattern to help students prioritize the topics accordingly:
|Subject||Total questions||Total figures|
|Legal ability and legal reasoning||40||40|
|General knowledge of current affairs||30||30|
|Logical and analytical reasoning||40||40|
The law entrance exam is conducted in the online, computer-based format. The paper will contain 150 multiple choice questions with a maximum of 150 points. Exam candidates are assigned a duration of 2 hours. There is no provision for negative marking. Furthermore, the questions are asked in both English and Marathi.
Preparation Tips for MH CET Act 2022
To achieve the desired MH CET Law 2022 result, here are some preparation tips that any candidate can incorporate:
- Solve grammar and vocabulary based exercises from books by authors such as Wren & Martin or betty azar, along with 5-minute and 10-minute ratings available online.
- Read a newspaper like The Indian Express Early in the morning it helps the candidates to keep abreast of the happenings around the world and refresh their lexicon.
- For a quick review of current affairs, it is advisable to read the monthly compilation published by various coaching institutes.
- In addition to special MH CET 2022 sham tests, try solving last year’s CLAT, SET, and AILET papers for extra practice. These must be resolved in a time-bound manner in order to achieve optimal time management.
- The Mathematics section requires at least 50 MCQs to be solved daily, while revising the list of relevant formulas and tricks.