Ambedkar, one of India’s foremost social reformers, is known for his struggle against the inequalities created by the Indian caste system. Born into a Dalit family, Ambedkar grew up facing the exploitation and discrimination of his community, which inspired him to launch a lifelong crusade for equality.
Babasaheb is recognized as a lawyer, economist, politician and social reformer. He was the drafter of the constitution and the first justice minister of independent India. His birthday is celebrated every year for his contribution to the country.
Ambedkar’s ideas inspired millions of young people and following his ideas changed the lives of many young people. Today, on the occasion of Babasaheb’s birthday, we have come up with 10 thoughts about Babasaheb that will inspire you in every difficult moment of life.
Thoughts of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar (Quotations from Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar)
1. “I like the religion that teaches liberty, equality and brotherhood.”
2. “I measure a community’s progress by the extent to which women have achieved.”
3. “He who forgets history cannot make history.”
4. “Be educated, organized and enthusiastic.” †
5. “Religion is for man and not man for religion.”
6. “Man is mortal, just as thoughts are mortal. An idea needs propagation, like watering a plant, otherwise they wilt and die.”
7. “A great man differs from a great man in that he is ready to be a servant of society.”
8. “Equality may be a fantasy, but it must be accepted as a guiding principle.”
9. “The development of intelligence should be the ultimate goal of human existence.”
10. “Manta may be a fantasy, yet it must be accepted as a guiding principle.”
Governor vs Lieutenant Governor Difference: Do you know the difference between governor and lieutenant governor?